Fill a complaint
Audiovisual media users may address the Catalan Audiovisual Council (CAC) their complaints, opinions and suggestions, which can deal with programming and advertising of either radio and television being both public or private.
What can be the reason for a complaint?
Any content that the user considers that is not in compliance with audiovisual rules.
The causes for complaint could be, among others:
- The broadcast of programmes in watershed that may harm the development of children and adolescents.
- The lack of adjustment between age rating and audiovisual content.
- The discrimination on grounds of birth, race, sex, religion, opinion or sexual orientation
- The fight incitement that could foment antisocial behaviour, abuses, imprudences, aggressive conducts and the destruction of cultural or natural asset.
- The attack on human dignity and the equal treatment principle.
- The encouragement of behaviours that could be harmful for health and human safety or for the environmental protection.
- The lack of political, religious, social, linguistic and cultural pluralism.
- The lack of informative honesty.
- The breach of advertising.
- The modification of programming schedule without prior notice.
- The breach of the rules on the use of the Catalan language and the boost of Aranese language.
What does CAC?
CAC responds to queries and transfers suggestions and opinions to the appropriate people and organisations. In case of complaints, CAC analyses the content and, in the case of not complying with regulations, acts in accordance to its powers: promoting self-regulation or, when appropriate, opening the corresponding administrative proceeding and applying the disciplinary powers as conferred by the law. Likewise, CAC can impose the termination or modification of an unlawful or prohibited advertising.
How can one present a complaint?
Users can present their complaints, opinions or suggestions in the following manner:
- Telephone, by means of 901.100.321. Schedule of attention: Monday to Friday, from 8.00 to 3.00pm.
- In person, in the Department of Relations with Audiovisual Users. 36-42, Vergós, str., 08017 – Barcelona. Schedule of attention: Monday to Friday, from 8.00 to 2.00pm.
- By post: to the same address as above.
- By Internet, through this form
- By e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org